LinkedIn is THE essential site for business professionals, period. If you want to be a successful freelance writer, you need to be on LinkedIn and you must have a complete profile that sells you and your services. LinkedIn is also an excellent place to network with people who can help you, and it can be a very good source of new clients.
The excellent infographic below was just released. It covers everything you need to know, including:
- How to set up your profile the right way, including photos, headlines, and what to say
- What specifically should be in each section of your LinkedIn profile
- How to maximize SEO on your profile
- How to get found in searches by people looking to hire freelancers
- How to get recommendations, and why they are more important than endorsements
- Why you should join groups and how to do it
- And much, much more…
I urge you to bookmark this post and return to it frequently. Thanks to the good folks at Leisure Jobs for creating this.
January 2017 Big Update…
In early 2017 LinkedIn began phasing major changes to the look and operation of the site. Much of what’s in the infographic below is still valid, but some of it is not. Do Google searches to find recent quality articles, and check out this detailed post on Social Media Examiner.
The Complete Guide to LinkedIn Success
Thoughts on the info shared here? What do you still need to do to improve your LinkedIn profile? Talk to us in the comments below…