The 17 Best Ways to Boost Your LinkedIn Profile

by John Soares on May 27, 2014

All freelance writers should know by now that LinkedIn is a key tool for finding clients, getting found by clients, and just being able to present yourself professionally on the number-one business networking site on the planet.

I found this great infographic, reproduced here with the kind permission of Neal Schaffer. It lays out 17 important things you need to do so you get the maximum benefit from LinkedIn.

(Large version here)

linkedin-profile-tips

Well, where are you deficient? And what are you going to do about it?

1 Cathy Miller May 27, 2014 at 9:18 AM

LinkedIn tells me I’m an All-Star. Not that I need validation or anything. ;-)
    Cathy Miller recently posted…25 Overused Business Words With Alternatives

2 John Soares May 27, 2014 at 9:53 AM

I’m not surprised Cathy!

I’ve been at 100% complete for several years. However, I’m planning a few tweaks in the coming days.
    John Soares recently posted…How to Align Your Writing Income with Your Career Goals

3 Anne Wayman May 27, 2014 at 10:26 AM

and when are we supposed to write? just kidding, John, helpful and I’ll also tweak.
    Anne Wayman recently posted…The Business of Freelance Writing – What Does It Really Mean?

4 John Soares May 27, 2014 at 10:55 AM

It’s the old balancing act between marketing just enough to keep us busy with high-paying projects.
    John Soares recently posted…Four Reasons Why Freelance Writers Should Specialize

5 Kaloyan Banev May 27, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Twitter: @webmaisterpro

LinkedIn have always been the biggest traffic booster and money maker. The conversion at Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter is simply weak, compared to LinkedIn in my experience, probably due to the niche I am in.
    Kaloyan Banev recently posted…Top 3 Applications for Graphic Design in Browser

6 John Soares May 28, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Different social media channels will bring different people to our websites. I don’t get much actual traffic from LinkedIn, but I do get good interaction and clients from within the site.
    John Soares recently posted…Why Freelance Writers Often Miss Deadlines

7 Saneesh NP May 27, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Twitter: @saneeshnp

Hey John,
    Thanks for this amazing post. I’m sure this is going to help me a lot to improving my LinkedIn profile. :)

8 John Soares May 28, 2014 at 6:11 AM

Glad it helped Saneesh. The graphic really lays out the most important things to do.

9 Michelle May 29, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Twitter: @ragemichelle

This is so helpful. I am so deficient on LinkedIn.

Thanks!!
    Michelle recently posted…Put That Dead Fish On Toast And Eat It

10 Victoria May 29, 2014 at 6:49 AM

Twitter: @mobileintersog

Thank you for the wonderful infographics. Have been using Linkeding for a couple of years already and manged to get 95% full profile. Hope now ill get 100 and even more traffic

11 Robert Rogers May 29, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Twitter: @SmallBizCounsel

LinkedIn has so many avenues that can be used to expand your exposure and your connections. I have found it very useful to use groups to connect with people who need my services or who might be able to help me. Thanks for the useful infographic!

12 vella di June 2, 2014 at 12:39 AM

LinkedIn is one of the best social community website where we can find genuine people and connect with our business. These all above mentioned 17 ways to help in my personal and business profile.
    thanks for sharing….

13 Vishal Sharma June 4, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Twitter: @allbloggingways

Linkedin is one of the great platform of finding some new jobs offers online and linking with lots of professionals, online, and these are some great tips that you have provided for boosting linkedin profile.

thanks!
    Vishal Sharma recently posted…5 free tools for creating infographics

14 wajid khan June 10, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Simply the best post to let the old users as well as the new people to know more about this superb Network which can be utilized professionally unlike FB, Twitter, Pin or G+