Most of you who visit ProductiveWriters.com know that my main niche is freelance writing for college textbook publishers. Today I’m proud to announce that I’ve just released the second edition of my e-book that details everything a smart freelancer needs to do to be successful in that niche:
Why a Second Edition?
Simple. Even though I’ve been deeply involved in this field for nearly 20 years, I’ve learned even more since the first edition came out two years ago, plus I’ve found more resources to help writers like you win assignments.
So What’s New?
Plenty. The book went from 107 8.5×11 pages to 139 8.5×11 pages (and I didn’t pull any of that undergraduate make-the-font-larger and use-fatter-margins stuff) because I added a lot important of material:
- How to find jobs on the Internet
- Using LinkedIn to connect with editors
- Working for other companies and nonprofits besides textbook publishing companies
- The pros and cons of having your own website, and what to include if you do decide to have your own website
- Increased information on how to please editors and increase the likelihood you’ll be hired again
- More tips on how to get the actual work done well and quickly
- Discussion of Bloom’s taxonomy for test questions, along with an extensive list of resources
- More Internet resources, along with updated URLs
Want to Know More?
Head over to the main page with all the details. And read my post about when you should write a second or revised edition of your book or e-book.
Curious about this niche? Ask me anything you want. You can also ask about the process of writing books and how to update them for new editions.