I had a great time yesterday being interviewed by Kim Pawlak of the Text and Academic Authors Association about how I’ve made a successful career by writing for higher education/college textbook publishers.
Right-click here to save the podcast to your computer or mp3 player for later listening.
If you are serious about about this freelance writing niche (I make $50-$100 per hour), check out my ebook Writing College Textbook Supplements: The Definitive Guide to Winning High-Paying Assignments in the College Textbook Publishing Market.
What I Discuss in the Interview
Here are the questions I answer in detail:
1. How did you get started writing supplements for college textbooks?
2. What do you enjoy most about writing textbook supplements?
3. What background does a freelance writer need in order to write for higher education publishers?
4. What are the best ways to find editors at textbook publishing companies?
5. What is the earning potential?
6. What are your favorite types of projects?
7. What are the important characteristics of a successful supplements writer?
8. What are the best ways to get assignments done quickly?